难忘珞珈
湖医87级研究生 湖医79级 湖医88级
寻人购物区

中国签证邮寄服务,省心省钱,不用劳累亲朋好友跑腿

Call for sichuan earthquake donation

maxillo 贴于2008/05/19 13:10 (武汉大学校友论坛)
主题字词: earthquake relief

Dear HBMU Alumni,

The fellowing is the English draft letter I made to call for sichuan earthquake donation from our foreign friends and colleagues. If possible, please send it to the friends or colleagues in your univeristy or company.
Let's do something to help the people in need!
Thanks for your attention and effort!

82 class of HBMU

Please help to save lives from the earthquake!

Dear colleagues,

I believe many of you have heard of the catastrophic earthquake that recently struck China. An 8.0-magnitude tremor devastated southwestern China, Sichuan province, which is a beautiful and peaceful place, where the beloved pandas live, and it has many breath-taking ancient towns and cities. Hundred of schools, homes and factories demolished, rows and rows of apartment blocks collapsed into piles, bodies wedged among the debris, countless victims were reported buried under heaps of rubble. The death toll is nearly 32,000 by far, and it is expected to climb as high as 50,000. More than 3 million houses collapsed and over 15 million were damaged in the quake. As a result, 4.8 million people are homeless. There are still tens of thousands of people missing or in distress situation waiting for help. Especially, many young students are still trapped or buried in the rubbles and most people in disaster areas are living in open spaces with panic! Officials pleaded for urgent supplies of food, medicine, rescue equipment and shelters.

I was reading the newspapers yesterday and I read this touching story. There was a mother who crouched and knelt down and protected her child from getting hurt from the house that collapsed. Then she died and her child survived. Later, the rescuer found out a text message in her cell phone to the child, it read “my dear baby, if you survive, remember I love you.” I believe the story deeply touched our hearts. My heart and sympathy goes out to all the people impacted by this catastrophe!

Besides praying for those who suffered and are suffering, let us help! At this devastating moment we are all eager to do something to help out the people who urgently need assistance. Please help the survivors and people who lost their loved ones in this tragedy by making a donation.

Here is the account number:

China Red Cross: 7112-1114-8260-0000-209(CHINA CITIC BANK H.O.IN BEIJING, SWIFT:CIBKCNBJ)

Act now for people in need and you will make a difference!

I sincerely appreciate any donation you are able to offer, please remember that any amount helps!

Regards,
XXX

加跟贴〗 〖校友论坛索引首页

独家特有的方法防止CoQ10形成结晶,提高效力。对心血管系统,免疫系统及牙龈健康有帮助。